What is Workers Compensation?

Workers’ compensation laws protect people who are injured on the job. It is designed to ensure that employees who are injured or disabled on the job are provided with fixed monetary awards. Workers Compensation laws require most employers to obtain workers’ compensation insurance. In exchange the laws provide that, for the most part, employees can’t sue their employers over workplace injuries.

While you are at work, your employer has a legal duty to protect you and tell you about health and safety issues that affect you. When they fail to do so, innocent people can suffer devastating personal injuries. Those injured due to the negligence of an employer or business owner should contact our attorneys at Whitehead Law Group today.

How does Workers Compensation work?

When a claim is eligible under worker’s compensation, the employer (or its insurance carrier) is required to pay the injured employee for lost work time and to cover the employee’s related medical expenses

Know Your Rights!

Did you know?

Employers must pay for the cost of insurance coverage; it is illegal to require employees to pay any of the costs associated with workers’ compensation premiums or injuries.

Employers also have a legal responsibility to report certain accidents and incidents, pay you sick pay and give you time off because of an accident at work should you need it.

Our goal is to ensure that clients receive suffice financial compensation for the cost of their injuries.

If you have been injured in a work-related accident, there are four things you should do:

  • Gather evidence
  • Notify the person responsible.
  • Take photographs of anything related to the accident and your injuries.
  • Seek legal support.

The workers’ compensation process can be difficult and overwhelming. Which is why discussing the case with an experienced attorney at Whitehead Law Group of Kevin W. Whitehead is the first step to take.

After evaluating your potential claim against your employer, we may choose to refer your case out to an attorney who concentrates in this area of the law.

  • Any Queries ?